REFF & ASSOCIATES is looking for an enthusiastic Associate to join our Banking & Finance team.
WHO WE ARE
Reff & Associates is the local member of Deloitte Legal, the international network of legal practices working with Deloitte all over the world. This global network comprises of over 2,000 lawyers in 81 countries. With a team of over 70 lawyers, R&A is recognized as a leading law firm in Romania, with an aggregate of approx. EUR 1 billion deals assisted each year. The affiliation with Deloitte Legal gives Reff & Associates access to state of the art global resources and tools together with the ability to serve clients seamlessly across the world.
With a Banking & Finance practice of 8 lawyers part of Deloitte Legal’s Banking & Securities Group, Reff & Associates has built an extensive track record advising on all areas of transactional banking:
Trading of portfolios & single tickets exposures: During the last 4 years we have assisted in more deals with an overall par value close to EUR 6 billion. We provide a full spectrum of sell-side and buy-side services, from pre-transaction decision-making, via due diligence, structuring aspects, bids’ benchmark, transaction execution and closing to post-execution servicing.
Financing transactional work / Borrower’s side and Lenders’ side: we provide assistance in financing transactions including new money financings in bilateral and syndicated loans, refinancing and loan restructurings (consensual and non-consensual).
M&A involving financial sector entities: We worked on a large number of M&A transactions in the financial services sector, covering inter alia due diligence exercises on credit institutions, bank acquisition mandates, inter-bank mergers (including cross-border mergers), transfer of banking & leasing business.
Debt servicing: Loans servicing arrangements: structuring advice; assistance with the design and set up of the servicing platform/service level agreements; Design and set-up of co-investment structures for sharing funding costs when acquiring an NPL portfolio.
Regulatory & compliance – focus on the digitalization of the industry: in addition to standard regulatory assistance (e.g. authorisation of banks and financial institutions (e-money, IFNs, payment institutions) with the National Bank of Romania), we focused our efforts in the successful deployment of digitalization initiatives (PSD2, eSignatures, etc.).
YOUR FUTURE ROLE. WHAT WE OFFER
At Reff & Associates, you will enjoy a powerful local and global network, a dynamic and multicultural work environment and diverse thinking – all working in harmony to help you rise higher.
AN ASSOCIATE IN OUR BANKING & FINANCE TEAM
– works in teams under the guidance of more experienced colleagues (Senior Associates and Managing Associates), on complex projects and for sophisticated clients;
– is involved in all stages of a project, from proposal development and budgeting and throughout implementation;
– is subject to a transparent performance review & ongoing feedback;
– has access to the rich (both local and global) research and training resources of the Deloitte Legal network and other learning platforms;
– works in cross-functional teams together with other Deloitte business lines;
– works in international team of lawyers, on cross-border engagements;
– works in a very dynamic and competitive environment, which preserves an uniquely collegial culture and strives for work-life balance (e.g. in lieu of overtime hours; Friday-Offs during summer etc.).
WE ARE LOOKING FOR LAWYERS WHO
– are members of the Bar;
– have 1-4 years of professional experience in Corporate M&A or Banking & Finance areas (whilst not a requirement, we are especially interested in applicants who have experience in Banking & Finance field with an international law firm);
– are well-organised and proactive;
– have excellent attention to detail;
– have good written and oral communication skills in English; any other foreign language is an advantage;
– can demonstrate a keen interest and enthusiasm to learn about our clients’ business;
– can work in teams, sharing knowledge and motivating and coaching juniors and contributing to overall success;
– are empathetic, responsive and reliable.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with your Resume, which must contain all your major relevant projects.
Candidates interested in applying for this vacancy are required to send an updated CV by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org