SCHLUMBERGER is recruiting for its legal support centre.
With a history and culture of science and innovation, we are the world’s leading oilfield services company. Our people invent, design, engineer, apply, and maintain technologies that help customers find and produce oil and gas more efficiently and safely—often in remote and challenging locations.
Founded in 1926, we employ approximately 113,000 people and work in more than 85 countries. We leverage strong local experience and the diversity in thought, background, and knowledge that more than 140 nationalities bring.
Schlumberger has a Legal Support Centre in Bucharest, to provide centralized legal and contractual support to its business in Europe & Africa. We are looking for fresh law graduates to take up available positions within the Legal Support Centre, who we can train and develop to be resourceful and well-rounded legal professionals for a long-term career with Schlumberger. This position has the responsibility of providing Corporate Entity Management related advice, support and services to the GeoMarket in Europe & Africa.
He/She is entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring smooth, timely and efficient turnaround of corporate entity management related activities and requests from the countries thus covered.
He/She also has the responsibility of ensuring that SL global policies, standards and best practices relating to corporate entity management are followed in the countries under his/her responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– understands the local content requirements of the countries in the territory of responsibility and work with the local relevant function(s) to ensure compliance with the local laws and regulations from a corporate entity management standpoint;
– liaise with Legal Manager as requested on key legal developments in countries within the territory of responsibility, countries of operation where one or more Segments or where subsidiaries are incorporated or where branches are established. Coordinate and regularly follow up with Legal Department stakeholders in the Area(s) or Geomarket(s) or Segment(s) and the CE Manager if developments require action(s) on the part of the Company;
– understands the Group’s corporate structuring rationale and ensure that this is followed in the GeoMarket or Area or Hub where he/she has been assigned;
– provides corporate advisory support to the Segment(s), GeoMarket(s) and countries of operation, as applicable, where one or more Segments or where subsidiaries are incorporated or where branches are established, following SL global policies, standards and best practices relating to corporate entity management;
– ensures proper usage of corporate entity management platforms and consistency in how information is recorded across the different jurisdictions in the territory under his/her responsibility;
– assists the CE Manager with the coordinating of corporate restructuring projects, communicates and co‐ordinate with his/her Legal Manager to ensure timely submission/filing of required documents with the local authorities;
– regularly liaises with his/her Legal Manager to receive corporate information and/or changes on all legal entities and branches in the territory of responsibility on a timely basis to allow accurate and timely update in the corporate database;
– keeps director and officer appointments up to date for the legal entities and branches supported (including all relevant database entries and arranging for local filing of changes where required) and prepares all shareholder and board resolutions (using templates provided), circulate for signature, ensure that they are kept current and up to date;
– ensures templates of shareholder and board resolutions are up‐to‐date at all times (amend as may be required due to changes in local applicable laws in countries within the territory of responsibility), communicate and circulate to the Legal Manager for approval. Ensure that such amended templates are stored/shared in repository as advised by the CE Global Manager;
– ensures that all original minutes and resolutions are filed in appropriate locations required by the local applicable laws in countries within the territory of responsibility. Ensure that electronic (drafts and signed) copies are made available, stored and shared in repository as advised by the CE Global Manager;
– prepares, tracks and revokes powers of attorney as appropriate. Liaise with Legal Manager at all times to ensure proper approvals are obtained prior issuance, ensure that originals are sent timely to location representatives for filing with local authorities;
– arranges (via local representatives) notarization and translation of documents required locally in countries within the territory of responsibility;
– participates and performs corporate health checks as per CEM’s designated audit program, ensures quality, consistency, accuracy and completeness of corporate data at all times;
– prepares on an annual basis all dormant or redundant entities in the territory of responsibility, review with the Legal Manager and make proposals for liquidation or dissolution;
– ensures that for business continuity purposes, all corporate matters, including but not limited to share transfers, restructuring, liquidation, dissolution, service provider details, are properly and timely uploaded in the Legal Department Knowledge Management system;
– ensures that for knowledge sharing and management purposes, all training materials, local guidelines, local applicable laws, local rules and regulations, local procedures and practices are properly and timely uploaded;
– ensures that all requests submitted via the global legal request ticketing system is processed on a timely basis, following the standard operating procedure and work flow;
– provides training to users in the countries within the territory of responsibility of the global legal request ticketing system as required from time to time;
– updates and make available the annual corporate calendar to the Legal Manager and CE Manager;
– prepares, updates and makes available (including arrangement for translation where necessary) training materials for the countries within the territory of responsibility;
– review and approves (up to the relevant authority limits) invoices received from service providers, ensures that such invoices received for services rendered to the countries within the territory of responsibility are settled on a timely basis, keep record of these expenses using cost management systems available in the department for budgeting and cross charging purposes.
Please send your resume and letter of intent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to high number of applications received, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Anunțul este valabil pentru municipiul București.
* Anunțul expiră la data de 26 iunie 2017