DLA PIPER DINU is looking for an associate | Intellectual property & technology.
An opportunity is available for a high performing, young and ambitious Intellectual Property and Technology (IPT) lawyer at the Associate level to join our team in Bucharest.
We understand that you’re building a future. Which is why we encourage you to reach your full potential and to explore the opportunities and choices that shape your individual career journey. This is your opportunity to think outside the box, be innovative and drive change to deliver exceptional results to our global client base.
Our highly regarded IPT team advises top tier clients in the context of protection of various intellectual property rights, advertising law, personal data protection, as well as media, sports rights and gambling.
At a global level, our IPT practice has nearly 500 dedicated lawyers in more than 24 countries Intellectual Property has become one of the most critical legal areas as companies continue to expand and protect their technologies, brands, products, data and services around the globe. Working within a close knit team you will have all the resources of working for one of the world’s largest law firms. You will be advising high profile clients from a wide variety of industries.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be part of a very driven, ambitious, hard-working and high performing team and together with reputed practitioners will be responsible for advising local, regional and international clients from a wide variety of sectors, with an emphasis on the technology market sector.
Working as part of our market leading team, you will undertake a broad diet of work that will cover our core services including:
– protecting all types of Intellectual Property rights for companies acting in various industry sectors such as: Fintech/Insurtech, AI/Machine Learning, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Telcos, Cybersecurity, Sports & e-Sports, Mobility, Advertising and Media& Entertainment;
– personal Data Protection including: audits and data mapping, compliance programs and policies, data subject access rights, data security, data loss prevention and data breaches, global data transfer management (transfer agreements, BCRs, etc.), incident response planning and execution, supervisory authority relations (notifications, authorizations, investigations and enforcement actions), whistle-blowing hotlines and employee monitoring.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
– qualified Romanian lawyer, with an excellent academic track record;
– minimum 2 years’ post admission experience at a recognized (business) law firm or in-house with at least some degree of demonstrable intellectual property law exposure;
– a comprehensive background in intellectual property is a plus;
– experience in working for international companies is nice to have;
– native Romanian speaker, with excellent command of English (verbal and written) and excellent communication skills;
– well-organized, pro-active, flexible and a team player. Enthusiasm to learn and develop oneself are highly appreciated;
– strong at prioritising and dealing efficiently with multiple complex files;
– strong technical skills and a high degree of accuracy;
– exceptional client focus and ability to easily build client relations;
– ability to create and deliver sustainable, high quality client service in a timely manner, whilst also considering client’s wider business objectives;
– ability to flourish in a dynamic, demanding yet rewarding environment.
If you are looking to take a step up in your career and make a valued contribution, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a progressive global firm and be part of our success.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV together with a brief cover letter highlighting your key achievements to: Monica.Brusalis@dlapiper.com
We welcome applications until 2 April 2020, but we will close the role earlier than advertised if we find our new future colleague sooner than this date, so please apply at your earliest opportunity.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
Be Supportive – we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
Be Collaborative – we give, we share and we join in
Be Bold – we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
Be Exceptional – we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn’t just about visible differences, it’s the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it’s crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that’s why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best.
If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations, should they be required.
We recognize that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, to the extent permitted by the law, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.
Anunțul este valabil pentru municipiul București.
* Anunțul expiră la data de 2 aprilie 2020