REFF & ASSOCIATES is looking for a Senior Lawyer | Banking & Finance.
SEND US YOUR APPLICATION IF YOU
– are a member of the Bucharest Bar with full rights (avocat definitiv);
– have 4 to 7 years’ experience in the Banking & Finance area, ideally gained within an international law firm; Good knowledge of the LMA type credit facility documentation is an advantage;
– have a sound legal reasoning, thoroughness, very good legal drafting skills;
– have Excellent writing and communication skills in English (any other foreign language is an advantage);
– are a team worker, efficient, good communicator, flexible and adaptable.
YOUR FUTURE ROLE
Assisting clients with particular focus on:
– transactional financing work (e.g. drafting and negotiating security documentation, drafting credit / loan facility documentation including LMA (Loan Market Association facility documentation), preparation and collection of other conditions precedent;
– M&A deals involving financial sector entities (e.g. due diligence, bank acquisition assistance, etc.);
– regulatory & compliance engagements (e.g. set-up of financial institutions, advising on consumer protection regulations, PSD2, eSignature, due diligence on insurance companies & brokers etc.).
WHAT WE OFFER
At Reff & Associates, you will enjoy a powerful local and global network, a dynamic and multicultural work environment and diverse thinking – all working in harmony to help you rise higher.
A Senior Associate in our B&F team:
– works in cross-functional teams together with other Deloitte business lines on complex projects and for sophisticated clients;
– works in international team of lawyers, on cross-border engagements;
– is deeply involved in all stages of a project, from proposal development and budgeting and throughout implementation;
– is subject to a transparent performance review & ongoing feedback;
– coaches junior colleagues, by providing training and guidance;
– has access to the rich (both local and global) research and training resources of the Deloitte Legal network;
– works in a very dynamic and competitive environment, which preserves an uniquely collegial culture and strives for work-life balance (e.g. in lieu of overtime hours; Friday-Offs during summer etc.).
Deloitte is a variety of people, experience, industries and services we deliver in 150 countries of the world. It is an intellectual challenge, a good starting point for your career, and an excellent opportunity for continuous development and gaining valuable life experiences. What you only must do is to take the first step – press the apply button and send us your CV, go through all the stages of the recruitment process and sign a contract with us. Deloitte is simply your best choice.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Reff & Associates is the local member of Deloitte Legal, the international network of legal practices working with Deloitte all over the world. This global network comprises of over 2,000 lawyers in 81 countries. With a team of over 70 lawyers, Reff & Associates is recognized as a leading law firm in Romania, with an aggregate of approx. EUR 1 billion deals assisted each year. The affiliation with Deloitte Legal gives Reff & Associates access to state of the art global resources and tools together with the ability to serve clients seamlessly across the world.
With a Banking & Finance practice of 10 lawyers, Reff & Associates has built an extensive track record advising on all areas of transactional banking, including Financing transactional work / Borrower’s side and Lenders’ side, we provide assistance in financing transactions, including new money financings in bilateral and syndicated loans, refinancing and loan restructurings (consensual and non-consensual).
M&A involving financial sector entities: We worked on a large number of M&A transactions in the financial services sector, covering inter alia due diligence exercises on credit institutions, bank acquisition mandates, inter-bank mergers (including cross-border mergers), transfer of banking & leasing business.
Debt servicing: Loans servicing arrangements: structuring advice; assistance with the design and set up of the servicing platform/service level agreements; Design and set-up of co-investment structures for sharing funding costs when acquiring an NPL portfolio, etc.
Regulatory & compliance – focus on the digitalization of the industry: in addition to standard regulatory assistance (e.g. authorisation of banks and financial institutions (e-money, IFNs, payment institutions) with the National Bank of Romania), we focused our efforts in the successful deployment of digitalization initiatives (PSD2, eSignatures, etc.).
Should you be interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your application here: https://ro.career.deloittece.com/job-posting/944/Senior-Lawyer-%7C-Banking-