KPMG in Romania is one of the world’s leading providers of Audit, Tax and Advisory services. At KPMG we run our firm just as effectively as we support and strengthen our clients’ businesses. That means hiring talented people to help develop and manage our brand, publish our thought leadership, control our finances, run our IT infrastructure, and support our professionals in the field.
KPMG in Romania offers great opportunities to build a successful career.
When you choose KPMG as the place to build your career, you choose to inspire confidence and empower the change around you.
KPMG ’s vision is to recruit extraordinary people and build extraordinary professionals.
We are currently seeking a Deputy Data protection officer to join us.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
– as a key member of the Data Privacy Officer (DPO)’s team, you will assist in decision making by advising, issuing recommendations and escalating data protection related risks to the DPO;
– you will ensure that legal, contractual and operational data protection issues are properly assessed and implemented in the daily operations and internal flows of KPMG in Romania;
– you will provide data protection advice to management and spread data protection awareness through the business teams of KPMG in Romania;
– you will develop and/or amend internal policies/procedures to ensure constant adherence to applicable KPMG Global and national regulations and monitor the implementation of these policies;
– you will identify and take ownership over processes where a data protection impact assessment is necessary and initiate the process with involved stakeholders;
– you will review new released or updated technology and technical solutions used internally or developed in/by KPMG from a data privacy impact perspective;
– you will provide advice, assistance and support to the business teams and in-house lawyers to ensure data privacy and confidentiality in relation to client engagements and third-party suppliers;
– you will help with or take ownership of implementation of specific internal projects relating to data protection and privacy, providing advice and assistance where required on data protection and privacy matters, as well as rolling-out training, communications and ongoing support;
– you will assess and manage personal data breaches, according to both GDPR and KPMG’s Global Framework;
– you will support the Annual Independent Internal Audit and ensure that privacy compliance results from the Audit are reported to local leadership and, where necessary, findings are remediated within an appropriate time frame;
– alongside the DPO, you will work closely with the Internal Contracting Unit, the National IT Security Officer and the Risk Management team.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
– bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Law or anything that demonstrates your interest and expertise in data protection and privacy;
– several years of experience in a similar position;
– expertise in national data protection law and practices including in depth understanding of GDPR;
– demonstrated expertise in ongoing development and changes within the data protection framework after GPDR implementation, considering CJUE rulings, released guidelines and recommendations, especially in relation to third country transfers;
– ability to take decisions, and work independently, on your own initiative, with minimal supervision;
– sound knowledge in the following areas: IT, information security, business processes, risk management;
– familiarity with terminology, know-how and know-what in relation to DPA, DPIA, LIA, TIA, ROPA, TOM, BCR, ENISA, EDPB, EC, EEA;
– a strong analytical mindset as well as the ability to focus on detail;
– strong communication skills, including the ability to bridge the gap between privacy, technical and business language;
– ability to ensure a harmonized approach towards data protection and privacy by bringing together internal stakeholders (e.g. the legal, compliance, risk, HR, security, and business development functions);
– experience of working with automated tools to ensure compliance with Article 30 of GDPR and certifications/qualifications in relation to privacy would be a plus;
– fluency in English, as the first language used in KPMG in Romania for communication with non-Romanian speakers.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
– a fast paced environment and an extraordinary team with great mentoring opportunities;
– the possibility to fulfill your potential through various training courses and gain additional professional qualifications;
– career advancement opportunities.
Working at KPMG is also about happy people and an internal culture that supports employees in following their passions through various activities and events. We also have numerous benefits to support your health, a flexible working schedule and many more advantages.
HOW TO APPLY?
We thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes here.
Confidentiality will be ensured to protect the interests of applicants.
Only preselected candidates will be invited to an interview.
Anunțul este valabil pentru municipiul București.
* Anunțul expiră la data de 15 februarie 2023