We are expanding our enthusiastic team to welcome an Intellectual Property Counsel.
Day-to-day responsibilities would include:
– performing trademark/designs availability searches so as to advise clients on availability;
– advising on issues of intellectual property, such as design and copyright, as well as trade marks;
– drawing up contracts and overseeing the trade mark registration process;
– managing and protecting intellectual property rights once trade marks and designs have been registered;
– taking appropriate action if clients rights are copied by ulterior applications or infringed. This may include drafting and sending warning letters, as well as representing clients in settlement negotiations;
– managing renewals of registered IP rights;
– representing clients in front of the Romanian IPO, WIPO and the EUIPO;
– coordinating instructions to foreign counsels assisting clients in other jurisdictions;
– advising and assisting on the transfer of IP rights;
– working closely with intellectual property and dispute resolution lawyers and intellectual property counsels from our larger team to ensure a 360 degree approach to the engagements assigned.
For us the suitable candidate for this role has:
– 3+ years of professional experience and is a member of the Romanian National Chamber of Industrial Property Attorneys (CNCPIR), licensed as a Trademark and Designs Attorney;
– strong command of the legislative and professional framework concerning intellectual property matters, specifically in the filed of trademarks, appropriate to the level of experience required;
– strong written and verbal communication skills in Romanian and English;
– knowledge of another foreign language is a plus;
– solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
– attention to details and accuracy;
– team player mindset;
– ability to use time effectively;
– availability to travel.
WHAT WE OFFER
– competitive remuneration and annual bonus based on performance/transparent evaluation;
– medical insurance package;
– opportunity to grow within a highly skilled and quality driven firm;
– mentoring from professionals with strong experience and independent recognition in the intellectual property field;
– dynamic work environment with engagements assigned by some of the most noteworthy brand owners active globally and highly specialized international intellectual property firms.
LOCATION: Târgu-Mureș (office premises). Candidates located in other counties are welcome, as the work arrangement may be hybrid (remote plus on-premises, under a scheme to be discussed with the candidates that will be selected after the initial recruitment stage).
SIMION & BACIU is an award-winning intellectual powerhouse providing the best combination of legal advice, business savvy and humanness.
The values that define us are Authenticity, Integrality, Partnership, Fairness and Respect. We are committed to them. We expect the same from all our new colleagues.
We are looking forward to receiving your CV at email@example.com
Subject line: IP Counsel
Anunțul este valabil pentru municipiul Târgu Mureş.
* Anunțul expiră la data de 26 aprilie 2023